History is full of rebels revolted against the status quo. The rebels are known for their unshakeable resilience and will power to achieve what they believe in.
However, the meaning of rebel is not restricted to only those individuals who revolt against oppressive forces of a society. In a society, anyone can be a rebel as long as he strives to eliminate the evil within or in the society.
However, we all some motivation to stand up against those nuisances that corrupt our souls and this is what brings this list of some inspiring quotes to feed the rebellion within you:
- “Pride is still aiming at the best houses: Men would be angels, angels would be gods. Aspiring to be gods, if angels fell; aspiring to be angels men rebel.” by Alexander Pope
- “It is human nature to instinctively rebel at obscurity or ordinariness.” by Taylor Caldwell
- “I’m in favour of hipster androgyny: Any trend that permits men to rebel against strict gender rules of appearance is going to make the world a more expressive and sensitive place for all of us.” by Russell Smith
- “To learn patience is not to rebel against every hardship.” by Henri Nouwen
- “I don’t think of myself as a rebel; I just say what I think.” by Marjane Satrapi
- “The young always have the same problem – how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another.” by Quentin Crisp
- “I’m a real rebel with a cause.” by Nina Simone
- “When I did a study of all the coming-of-age movies that meant a lot to me, whether it was ‘The Graduate’ or ‘Rebel Without a Cause’ or ‘Dead Poet’s Society,’ they all had that timeless feel. None of them were completely married to the details of their age. They felt timeless in their treatment of it. That’s what made them resonate with me.” by Stephen Chbosky”
- “The cynic finds love with the idealist. The rebel with the conformist. The social butterfly with the bookworm. They help each other balance their lives.” by Joyce Brothers
- “Today’s average American is more apt to rebel against a tennis shoe not coming in the right color than against the slow erosion of our democratic freedom.” by Marianne Williamson
- “I never had to look for confidence because I just wore what I wanted to wear. I would never wear anything to offend my husband or my mother, but outside of that, I always figured, I hope I’m not a rebel, and I hope everybody liked it. And if they didn’t like it, it really was not going to disturb me because it was their problem, not mine.” by Iris Apfel
- “You don’t have to burn books, you don’t have to rebel against teachers to rebel; to rebel is to truly own your own self.” by Dhani Harrison
- “I have zero interest in performing in films to try to convey any kind of message. My job is to be entertaining. There’s a very different point of view about messages in films in Europe than there is in the States. Audiences rebel because they feel that they are being preached to.” by Bruce Willis
- “All great rebellions are born of private acts of civil disobedience that inspire rebel bands to plot together.” by Nancy Gibbs
- “Other people will call me a rebel, but I just feel like I’m living my life and doing what I want to do. Sometimes people call that rebellion, especially when you’re a woman.” by Joan Jett
- “I knew by heart all the dialogue of James Dean’s films; I could watch Rebel Without a Cause a hundred times over.” by Elvis Presley
Author Bio :
Anna Marsh is a Sub-Editor at UK Essay writing service at EssayAce.co.UK firm. As a blogger, she shares articles on motivational topics and inspirational personal stories. She is an amateur golfer and dedicated his holidays for playing the sport. You can connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.